Monday, September 1, 2008

Today marks one year since a dear friend of mine was tragically killed in a car accident when he fell asleep at the wheel. It's just another little reminder of how short life is. 17-years-old is pretty young to die. It's unexpected. It's heart-rending. It's sad and shocking to have a young person in the prime of their life suddenly taken in death.

Too often I take my family and friends for granted. "I'm busy, you know, and I just don't have all the time in the world." Not enough time to just tell you all that 'I love you' once in a while? Not enough time to tell you that you mean a lot to me? So I guess I just want to take the time and space to tell you all now--I LOVE YOU ALL A LOT, AND YOU MEAN THE WORLD TO ME. THANX SO MUCH FOR ALL YOU'VE INVESTED IN ME. YOU'VE BEEN A TREMENDOUS BLESSING, AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'D DO WITHOUT YOU--ANY OF YOU.

3 comments:

Bethany Grizzard said...

I love you, too Gracie, you are such an awesome friend to me....

Amy Jane said...

Hello Grace!

I miss you soo much!


Amy Metien

Unknown said...

I'm so glad I found you Grace! I love what you wrote and sometimes it seems that a sudden death is what it takes to really remind us about how precious people are. I know. I love you too and am so glad that I got to meet you. You are a sweet girl and I wish the very best for you. Hopefully we can see you soon. Our email is: melodioustrains@gmail.com. Write sometime! Love, Mari