Friday, September 5, 2008

One of my Favorite Songs

You Raise Me Up

When I am down, and oh, my soul's so weary,
When troubles come, and my heart burdened be,
Then I am still and wait here in the silence,
Until you come, and set awhile with me.

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains-
You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas-
And I am strong, when I am on Your shoulders-
You raise me up, to more than I can be.

There is no life, no life without its hunger.
Each restless heart, beats so imperfectly.
But when You come, I am filled with wonder-
Sometimes I think I glimpse eternity.


I guess right now, I'm very excited about Who God is, and what He can do. One of my friends, after a long time of avoiding making a choice, finally got saved this morning. I'm so excited for him! And excited to see God at work in his life! A lot of us have prayed for him for a while, and I guess God at last saw it was time to answer those prayers! Just keep praying for him as his life changes-drastically.

7 comments:

Josh Grizzard said...

Thanks for posting that song, Grace. It also is one of my favorites, and it was such an encouragement to read those lyrics again. Our spiritual strength is not dependent on our own capabilities - it's God who makes us into who He wants us to be and raises us above our circumstances. I needed to be reminded of that.

Sarah Byrum said...

I love that song, Grace! :-) Josh Groban is one of my favorite artists.

How are you, my friend? I'm going to call Faith so I can get your phone #. :-)

Big hugs to you.

Bethany Grizzard said...

I'm flat thrilled! :D

Unknown said...

Hey Grace, I finally got to look up your blog. That is an awesome song, especially now!

Jodiann said...

Yay! I'm so thrilled!

Leah Christine Imagery said...

Grace!!! I found you!! :D How are you, friend? I was just talking to Faith on the phone the other night and she mentioned how you're in Tennessee now. I'd love to talk with you sometime! :)

Lots of smiles and hugs from me!

Rachel Byrum said...

Hey Grace! I love this song! Drop me a note sometime! Love and miss ya.:-)